AECOM is seeking a Senior Transportation Planner based in Atlanta, Georgia. The senior transportation planner will serve as a senior planner and project manager on a variety of transit planning initiatives and projects. And will provide superior client care and act as an advisor for various audiences and decision-makers. This position requires frequent interaction with clients and external stakeholders including executive level teams, boards, and elected officials.
- Advanced knowledge and current practice of transit planning concepts and methodology.
- Advanced knowledge of environmental planning concepts and methodologies required to satisfy requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for USDOT, Federally funded projects.
- Develops and evaluates plans and reports for a variety of projects and activities.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed planning products.
- Usually performs as a staff advisor and comfortable with performing as an independent consultant as to a technical specialty area related to transit planning.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Oversees specialized planning functions, such as large-scale new transit projects and environmental studies.
- Provides overall management in the development of reports and other deliverables.
- Advises the Planning Director on all planning-related matters.
- Advises various audiences including councils, boards, commissions and elected officials in planning related issues.
- BA/BS in Urban Planning, Engineering or related field
- Transit planning project management experience and Federal transit program management
Qualification & Experience:
- 6 plus years of transportation transit planning experience
- Advanced experience and knowledge of transit planning concepts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Augusta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A