Website Air Canada
Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada’s leisure airline, is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and ambitious Manager, Financial Reporting & Accounting to join our team at our Mississauga or Montreal base.
- Prepare timely and accurate OSFI filing requirements and deliverables
- Responsible to design administrative payments processing for Air Canada Rouge
- Ensuring that all charges are correctly distributed and accrued to the general ledger
- Effectively manage and ensure proper accounting and processing of Rouge payroll
- Effectively prepare business unit financial results and provide overview of the Corporation financial situation.
- Review and maintain the 52-109 documentation to ensure it is current with Rouge financial processes.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements each month as well as work with Business Finance Manager in completion of monthly financial package for Senior Management Review.
- Oversee, verify, and ensure the ledger entries are completed monthly as well as other month-end activities.
- Handling of the delegation of authorities as pertains to Air Canada Rouge, ensuring compliancy
- Reconcile balance sheet and P&L accounts and making appropriate journal entries
- Drive the Budget process by collecting and driving budget coordination with all other Air Canada Rouge departments, consolidating budget for review and to produce the Rouge Business plan.
- Timely preparation and documentation of accurate monthly financial statements and reports for management review.
- Responsible to ensure proper invoice handling procedures for Air Canada Rouge
- Responsible for the implementation of new reporting procedures as required
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce major in Accounting or 5-years of relevant experience
- Strong business sense and judgmental capabilities
- Demonstrated organization skills to handle multiple projects, ability to shift priorities and work under pressure
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion, and experience working with financial software/applications
- Proven leadership qualities and strong sense of initiative
- Accounting designation (CPA) is an asset or CPA student in-progress
- Extensive knowledge of the complete accounting cycle
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in team environment
- Excellent ability to communicate at an Executive level in both verbal and written formats for presentation, analytical and report generation purposes
- Solid work ethics, high degree of energy and dedication
- Experience in the airline travel industry would be an asset
- Knowledge of all areas within the company and their direct effect on accounting
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A