Website Alaska Airlines
The Principal Endpoint Enterprise Systems Engineer is a subject matter expert for multiple endpoint technologies for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries. As an individual contributor, this role defines long-term strategy for the Endpoint Platforms team and exercises considerable latitude and initiative to solve complex problems. They must demonstrate expert skills in Leadership, Project Management, Hardware/Software Architecture & Best Practice, Security & Compliance, and Enterprise Architectures.
- Act as a subject matter expert and enterprise technology thought leader on endpoint platforms.
- Define the long-term strategy (at least 12 months) for endpoint platforms and their implementation.
- Act as a product owner for Virtualization Technologies – Define long-term roadmaps, make decisions on tactical needs of the technical team while developing user stories, setting priority and backlog grooming.
- Focused on continuous improvement in system reliability through automation and monitoring.
- Lead cross divisional enterprise infrastructure projects related to Endpoint platforms
- Collaborate directly with Enterprise Architecture and Security to develop and plan the endpoint platforms architecture and security strategies.
- Lead vendor management to better understand future capabilities while advocating for features that are beneficial to Alaska.
- Act as a forward thinker to help ensure that new capabilities are evaluated, implemented and operationalized.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams to understand objectives, gather automation requirements, write technical specifications and perform in a lead role
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to collaborate with a variety of team members.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7 years of experience in IT, or related area.
- Bachelor’s degree, or an additional two years of relevant training/experience in lieu of this degree.
- Technical engineering experience required
- Professional experience with Azure, vSphere, Windows Server, security principles, Active Directory, MECM and desktop OSE’s are required
- Practical experience supporting desktop virtualization technologies such as Horizon View, Azure Virtual Desktop and Citrix
- Extensive experience with configuration management tools including MECM with the knowledge to leverage those tools for patching, reporting and application delivery
- Demonstrate experience in coaching and mentoring system engineers.
Company: Alaska Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A