We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Reliability Maintenance Engineering Manager. The Reliability Maintenance Engineering Manager is the site lead for all Engineering matters within a building. They are responsible for leading their team and building a culture of safety; for ensuring all statutory compliance requirements are followed to provide a safe working environment for all occupants of the building; for providing a high level of equipment availability to the General Manager and for working with the EU Engineering team to plan for future growth. They are also required to take part in network wide improvement initiatives and to implement standards created elsewhere in the network.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure allocated headcount is filled with high quality experienced staff. This may include support to Apprentice and Graduate programs.
- Work with the site Safety department & Site Leadership to implement, record and audit safety and statutory compliance programs to provide a safe working environment for all staff. Own the legal responsibilities as the site engineering lead within this framework.
- Maintain equipment failure contingency plans, drive rehearsals with affected parties and be prepared to work in a flexible manner to ensure failures or breakdowns are rectified as quickly as possible.
- Implement standards validated by the EU Engineering team and participate in continuous improvement initiatives to create or update standards as required in order to provide high levels of safety and equipment availability to our internal customers. A key focus is on preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintain a long term focus by working with Site Management, Finance, the EU Engineering team and internal design teams to plan for future growth, upgrades or new equipment roll outs.
- Lead the team, own the annual reporting responsibilities for the team and mentor their direct reports who in turn develop the technicians within the team.
- Project management experience.
- Full working knowledge of all specialized engineering and facilities equipment within the Fulfillment Center (FC) as well as maintenance and safety procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards it.
- Experience working with PLC based control systems.
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Experience of automated equipment including packaging machinery, sortation and conveyor systems.
- Relevant experience of Engineering team leadership.
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English and the local language at CEFR Level B2 or higher.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A