The applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. The candidate is expected to provide comprehensive customer and technical support for office computers, peripherals, and the network. Duties will include user assistance and administration, software management, inventory management, and problem analysis and resolution. The position may require some physical activity such as lifting and moving computer equipment into place or crawling in tight spaces.
- Identify application problems and consult with computer programmers, and outside system administrators when required.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Train users in the proper use of new software applications by developing user manuals, programmer maintenance manuals, system design documentation, step by-step instruction, etc.
- Reset passwords as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems encountered using software or other methods. Troubleshooting will consist of resolving trouble call problems with equipment that must be brought into the system’s area, in user work areas, or by using remote administration.
- Deal effectively and assist users both on the telephone and in person with minor computer problems. Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Identify and report network-related problems to Leadership.
- Provide support services to maintain file/application backup capability.
- Submit provision requests for creating and maintaining Exchange mailboxes and troubleshooting connection and performance issues.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience; Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage priorities and deadlines; High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly-growing organization.
- An eye on improving customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cohesively with users and team.
- Good understanding of Windows (Desktop and Server) environments.
- Must be legal to work in the United States (A citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, or an alien authorized to work).
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail, with the ability to create, edit and refine complex technical documents.
- Ability to learn the company’s proprietary applications and programs.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and fluent in English.
- Must have a reliable vehicle for travel between locations locally.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in IT Help Desk or Systems/Network Administrator support.
- Professional certifications such as A+, Network+, MCP (Desktop or Server) desirable, but not required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A