Website Contour Aviation
At Contour, our core values are at the heart of everything that we do and every decision we make. Constant throughout all our lines of business is a commitment to integrity and safety. Our team members consistently display an attitude of excellence and the ability to think like a customer. We recognize that there is strength in unity and work together as a team to accomplish our ambitious goals.
- Responsible for always maintaining the safety and security of the ramp.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of policies and processes pertaining to unaccompanied minors, law enforcement officers, hazardous materials, and other regulatory requirements.
- Board/deplane flights and escort passengers to and from aircraft as needed, includes pushing wheelchairs and assisting other passengers with additional needs.
- Check and accept passenger baggage.
- Comply with all safety procedures and airline policies.
- Greet and assist all customers in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner,
- Provide check-in assistance, ticketing changes, re-booking of itineraries and special service requests for passengers.
- Provide clear and accurate communication to passengers, agents, flight crews and vendors.
- Provide accurate gate, flight arrival and departure information, as well as answer general inquires.
- Assist unaccompanied minors and passengers with special needs, resolve customer concerns. IROPS communication, etc.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft suite of products including Office 365, Excel, Outlook, and Word. Must also have a basic understanding of similar soft wares
- Able to type 30 words per minute.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Able to handle interruptions and a fast-paced environment.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must understand, read, and write English. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand Spanish a plus but not required.
- Must have a valid driver license and good driving record.
- Be authorized to work in the United States and able to travel in and out of the United States.
- Able to coordinate multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Possess polished and professional interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and a customer-oriented mindset.
- Maintain strong attention to detail.
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least nine (9) months of prior airlines or industry experience preferred.
- Possess high school diploma or GED certification
Company: Contour Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A