DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life to patients in an Acute Hospital setting. RNs in this role work autonomously alongside the hospital staff to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for the critically ill patients.
- Use your critical care thinking skills. Whether this is the first or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in educating our patients and families. You’ll be able to leverage your nursing skills for patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
- Dynamic environment. No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse. You’ll work within a variety of settings (ICU, CCU, ER and more), and you’ll be able to keep learning new nursing skills on top of dialysis.
- Autonomy in a hospital setting. Deliver dialysis to patients at a particular hospital or group of hospitals and become an integral part of their team and ours. As a teammate in an acute setting you work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. Our Hospital Services group performs 1.1M treatments annually.
- Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may deliver nephrology care across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renal replacement and apheresis.
- Work long days without notice
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Ability to travel to multiple hospitals within a given area (Be sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range for this position.)
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A