EDC’s Government Relations team is responsible for leading the corporation’s government and Parliamentary relations activities. The Advisor will lead and/or contribute to a number of files in the areas of government relations, policy development, support to executive outreach, and issues management.
- Researches, interprets, and analyzes proposed changes to regulations or government policy and prepares reports on how these changes may impact the organization.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains relationships with assigned representatives in various external bodies to facilitate the management of assigned issues or policy development and to promote EDC strategic interests
- Represents the shareholder view on internal committees and working groups
Providing strategic advice to internal teams and processes and to build internal awareness of shareholder issues
- Advises, develops and makes recommendations on key strategic shareholder and policy developments and/or issues management to senior management and executives in assigned subject areas
- Researches, develops, plans, designs, maintains and implements policies and programs that enhance the organization’s relations with government, Parliament and regulatory authorities.
- Networks and act as a key point-of-contact for consultation with internal and external stakeholders to develop appropriate options and recommendations on files
- Represents the organization’s position on policy, legislation and regulatory affairs to Government(s), regulatory and other agencies.
- Identifies and evaluates substantive issues requiring strategic action and develops and implements strategies to deal with issues across a range of topics
- Responds to inquiries from government representatives about the organization and its activities.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of reports and presentations to the shareholder.
- Represents the organizations interests in dealings with trade, industry, or professional organizations.
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Working knowledge of the Canadian economic landscape and Canadian trade policy and/or services.
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business or Public Administration or Political Science, or in a related field
- Working knowledge of policy development and/or stakeholder relationship management principles and practices
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in public policy, international affairs and/or stakeholder relations, or related experience
- Experience working with or for the Government of Canada in the areas of Trade, Innovation, or economic development.
- Experience with EDC solutions and strategic direction
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, CA
Application Deadline: N/A