Joining EY as a Mercury Business Advisor provides you with an excellent opportunity to enter the firm in our internal Core Business Services (CBS) division, as a finance professional, while also gaining exposure to our external client facing service lines of the firm (Assurance, Tax, Consulting, Strategy and Transaction). As a valued member of the Finance team you’ll have the opportunity to ensure high standards of financial management are achieved, by acting as a trusted business advisor to your assigned portfolio of Partners (senior leaders of our client serving teams).
- As a Mercury Business Advisor, Senior Associate, you’ll advise and support our client serving teams to effectively manage their external client projects (engagements) from a financial performance perspective. There are two main components of your role providing impactful, proactive outreach to client serving teams to ensure a financial performance focus on each engagement, and on-demand financial advisory support throughout the engagement life cycle. You’ll be assigned based on service line and will provide support either in person or virtually in a time zone conducive environment.
- Strong ability to build rapport and professional relationships
- Strong ability to identify financial anomalies and trends, and then advise leadership on financial strategies that will ultimately impact business decisions
- Ability to manage time effectively to serve all your assigned Partners, and recognize when extra effort/time is needed to produce optimal outcomes
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word programs as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly
- The ability to adapt quickly to change and act as an effective change agent
- Highly effective at virtual teaming and influencing skills when partnering with people of all levels of the firm
- Excellent listening skills to provide focused advice, combined with the ability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriateLogical approach to problem solving
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study (finance, accounting) or alternatively, equivalent years of experience in finance or accounting is required to perform this position
- 2+ years of experience in a client driven professional environment in a financial capacity conducting analysis and providing recommendations around analysis
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plymouth, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A