Website Food and Drug Administration
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Office of Operations, Office of Enterprise Management Services, Division of Information Governance which is located in Rockville, Maryland.
- Provide support for agency privacy program activities, which includes understanding applicable requirements, communicating related risks, and assessing and supporting the agency in mitigating privacy and security risks.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of, and analyze and apply federal, HHS and FDA policies, and procedures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems, networks, and data.
- Support all activities for matters concerning information privacy procedures that ensure compliance with the requirements of safeguarding personal data.
- Assist in evaluating, developing and implementing privacy enhancing technologies, i.e., technologies that automate privacy controls on the collection, use, retention, and disclosure of PII.
- Support the development, maintenance and regular updating of the inventory of FDA’s holdings of PII.
- Serve in a supporting role for dealing with violations of privacy and security policies and procedures.
- Support the ongoing FDA Privacy Awareness and Training Programs and work closely with area supervisors to facilitate FDA Privacy and Security awareness efforts.
- Serve as a Government Information Specialist (Privacy Analyst) and support all echelons of management in planning, implementing, establishing and monitoring controls supporting privacy, integrity, availability and confidentiality.
- Citizenship Requirement: You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this advertisement unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Selective Service Registration: All applicants born male, on (or after) 12/31/1959, must be registered with the Selective Service System OR have an approved exemption. Visit www.SSS.gov for more info.
- FDA participates in e-Verify: All new hires must complete the I-9 form; this information will be processed through e-Verify to determine your employment eligibility. If a discrepancy arises, you must take affirmative steps to resolve the matter.
- Background Investigation Requirement: All employees must pass a security investigation. Failing to pass the background check may be grounds for removal or legal action. If hired, you may be subject to additional investigations at a later time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Time-in-Grade Requirement: If you are applying as a current Federal employee, you must meet the time-in-grade requirements described in the Qualifications section, generally, 52-weeks of comparable experience at the next lowest grade.
Company: Food and Drug Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A