This position is being announced under FEMA’s Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
- Performing technical reviews of damaged facilities and providing cost estimates for the work to be completed.
- Determining requirements and preparing scopes of work and government cost estimates, applying a broad knowledge of methods and
standards for infrastructure repairs.
- Evaluating design objectives, performing calculations, identifying the most efficient procedures, and
provides professional advice to program staff.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Travel will be required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lake Charles, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A