The Reservist Program is an appointment type granted under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, Section 306 (b), which authorizes FEMA to appoint such temporary employees as necessary to accomplish work authorized under the Act.
- Collecting data on post-disaster conditions and needs in order to develop a holistic recovery planning process to include: logistical and resource needs, timeline with major milestones, and description of desired outcomes, in support of State or local recovery efforts.
- Identifying and coordinating with internal and external partners on recovery planning efforts such as zoning, land use, transportation, and housing.
- Developing recovery partnerships with community stakeholders and assessing their capacity to implement structural or non-structural post-disaster projects.
- Facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings and collaborative problem-solving of diverse audiences.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Travel will be required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Panama City, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A