The Reservist Program is an appointment type granted under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, Section 306 (b), which authorizes FEMA to appoint such temporary employees as necessary to accomplish work authorized under the Act.
- Providing policy guidance to ensure that the transportation capability established for each system is effective, timely, and responsive.
- Reviewing and providing input to the development of FEMA doctrine to address all modes of transportation at the national and regional levels.
- Researching, developing and maintaining load plans for transportation capabilities ensuring that any special needs are considered and planned for in accordance with Federal regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating the retrograde of commercial trailers and commodities with internal offices, field representatives, transportation carriers, and third party service providers.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Travel will be required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alexandria, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A