The Director Tax Operations will handle U.S. tax operations as part of the U.S. Consolidated Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1120). To manage, and keep leadership abreast of, the global tax requirements of Fiserv, including calendar of obligations, tax authority notices and examinations, direct tax and statutory reporting compliance outside of the US, remittance and payment reconciliations and to promote appropriate and control-susceptible automation in global direct tax compliance data-to-report processes. Candidate to possess technical and process knowledge in partnership/flow-through taxation. A critical resource to ensure timely, complete and accurate satisfaction of domestic income tax financial reporting and statutory compliance matters of Fiserv.
- This individual will lead all aspects of income/franchise taxes (specifically partnerships), including tax return preparation process and preparation of supporting schedules and other analyses, as required.
- Responsible for accurate and timely filing of all returns and payments of taxes, as applicable.
- The person will also participate in the quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax provision process, coordinate with the tax planning team, and provide training and guidance to the accounting staff in order to meet the goals of the tax department.
- Assist in the preparation, review, and filing of US consolidated federal and state standalone and unitary tax returns.
- This person will be heavily involved with the design and implementation of technology automation with respect to financial reporting and Global direct tax compliance.
- This candidate will also provide support for ongoing (but current) IRS and state tax examinations.
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience or Fortune 500 multi-national company experience is required.
- Background in federal and state income taxation
- Knowledge of Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC 740), Uncertain Tax Positions (FIN 48), and Sec 404 of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Advanced Excel skills including V-Lookup and Pivot tables. Experience extracting data from general ledger systems such as Oracle. Familiarity with HFM and Alteryx is a plus.
- Experience with tax compliance software: OneSource (Thomson Reuters), Dataflow, and OneSource Tax Provision
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA or Master’s Degree is desirable
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in taxation with knowledge of partnership compliance.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A