Website Frontier Airlines
The Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant (FA) is essential to maintaining the well-being, safety, security and comfort of our passengers onboard our aircraft. The Flight Attendant performs a variety of services in order to maintain a high level of excellent customer service. Flight Attendants are involved in all passenger interactions in order to help answer any questions, address concerns and sell products onboard. It is essential for all crew members to follow established FAA and Frontier guidelines in providing for the comfort and safety of passengers and respond to inflight emergencies and/or security concerns in the unlikely event they arise.
- Ensures proper loading and storage of carry-on luggage prior to and during the flight
- Ensures cabin safety and security during all phases of flight, including boarding and deplaning
- Prepares and secures doors and announces departure/arrival information to passengers over the PA system
- Provides instruction and demonstration of onboard safety features
- Sets up galley, checks supplies, stows beverage and snack carts and verifies count
- Sells snacks and/or beverages (including alcohol), collects and stows all beverage and snack service items inflight and prior to landing, and informs passengers of all onboard products
- Maintains professional appearance and compliance with uniform and appearance guidelines while in public view (e.g. during commute, pre-flight activities and flight operations)
- Participates and complies with all DOT, FAA, and Frontier Airlines’ regulations regarding drug and alcohol compliance of safety-sensitive transportation employees
- Other duties as required
- Follows all Federal Aviation Regulations as required as well as all established Frontier Airlines policies and procedures
- Initializes and conducts emergency evacuation of cabin if necessary
- Conducts preflight safety check of cabin emergency equipment
- Provides emergency medical assistance (e.g., performing CPR and basic first aid)
- Projects and maintains a positive attitude and composure at all times
- Performs tasks that require frequent walking, bending to ankle level, and reaching above shoulder level and reaching inside overhead bins to retrieve or store items
- Be dependable and committed to completing work assignments per Frontier Airlines policies
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and communicate in English fluently
- Ability to communicate effectively with and reassure passengers in a hurried and stressful environment
- Must possess a current and valid passport to begin the interview process.
- Passport must not expire within the next 6 months. Ability to travel in and out of the United States, and the ability to travel to all current and future international destinations served by Frontier Airlines is required. Passport Cards are NOT acceptable as they do not permit air travel to and from the United States. Your passport must be a passport booklet.
- Must be willing to relocate to assigned base location
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours when needed
- Multiple piercings are not permitted while wearing the Flight Attendant Uniform.
- At Frontier Airlines, we do not allow any visible tattoos while wearing our Flight Attendant uniform, even if covered by makeup, clothing, jewelry and/or a bandage.
- Must be willing to change and adapt to meet the demands of the job, including accepting schedule changes on short notice
- Must be willing to fly both international and domestic routes
- Ability to work independently as a leader and as a team member among fellow employees and passengers
- Heavy lifting, pushing and/or pulling of objects up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 60 pounds frequently
- Ability to sit in and be secured with seat belt and shoulder harness in all jump seats without a seat belt extension, harness extender or modify the integrity of the jump-seat
- Must be willing to travel for long stretches of time as part of the job
- If you possess a foreign passport, you must be able to provide proof that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must present a neat professional appearance and demeanor including adhering to the Frontier Inflight uniform and appearance guidelines.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school graduate or GED required
- Must be 20 years of age to begin the interview process.
- 1 to 2 years of customer service experience preferred
Company: Frontier Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A