There is an immediate opening for a Senior Manager in Customer Training (UOP Technical Services Department). The Customer Training group delivers world class training to UOP’s customers through a suite of training platforms including Instructor Led Training, Web Based Training, Training Simulators, Residency Programs and Immersive learning (VR/AR). The Customer Training group’s members consist of engineers, training specialists and logistics specialists with the primary purpose of developing, selling, and delivering training solutions to UOP’s worldwide customer base. UOP Training provides instructional services to over 3000 clients annually. The Senior Manager provides administrative leadership for the group and reports to the Training Services Director.
- The Customer Training group in Des Plaines is focused on significant driving growth in UOP’s training business through the development of new immersive training tools, including Virtual Reality, and designing and delivering long-term partnering solutions to deliver competency development programs for process engineers and operations personnel.
- The Customer Training group in Des Plaines, Illinois is responsible for providing guidance and support to UOP regional sales and service personnel globally to aid in the identification and sale of customer specific training engagements throughout the world.
- This role is critical to coordinating those efforts and in managing the execution of training commitments to deliver a first-class customer experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a global customer and employee base, with demonstrated success in virtual working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to influence across functions and business groups to implement and drive change.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills with a passion to drive high quality results both personally and for your team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Education or Business related disciplines.
- 5+ years of direct management and leadership experience.
- Experience in Business Development, preferably around delivery of training services.
- Experience in sales process and methodology design and implementation.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or any CRM software is highly advantageous.
- Experience scoping, developing and implementing global training programs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Des Plaines, Illinois, US
Application Deadline: N/A