Website Hy-Vee, Inc.
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Responsible for store accounting which includes posting sales, scans checks for back office conversion, cash accountability (completes deposit and balances system), accounts/expense payable, accounts receivable, and some inventory procedures.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Verifies registers, as needed.
- Counts the safe, gift cards, gathers Western Union and other utility reports and verifies with prior day sales with their computer software.
- Print necessary reports from each store locations servers.
- Scans checks and balances cash and checks, prepares deposit.
- Prepares and reviews check out and cash accountability report.
- Distributes sales and prints sales ledger.
- Evaluates money needs on a daily basis and keeps appropriate amounts in the safe.
- Reconciles invoices, enters into system, and sends to corporate.
- Prepares unpaid invoice report; reconciles Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and store accounts receivable with corporate on a monthly basis. Completes Third Party reconciliation for pharmacy as needed.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must be able to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A