Website KPMG US
Client facing Senior Manager roles in the Accounting Advisory Services team. Provides specialist IFRS accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax. We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depth and breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
- Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
- Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
- Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
- Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
- Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
- Share knowledge with the team.
- Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
- Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
- Technical accounting experience with IFRS
- Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
- Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
- Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
- Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Experience of leading teams and project management
- Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
- Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Company: KPMG US
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plymouth, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A