The Service Engineering Lab Lead works collaboratively with other lab roles to ensure our services are maintained and current across the Value Stream. As the lead you will be accountable for the service function of software systems that the Service Lab owns, in terms of incident, problem management and resolution, including 24×7 support.
- Foster a Fail Fast, Learn Faster mentality within Teams to experiment and test new ways of engineering
- You’ll be responsible for improving the Labs technical position whilst working and coaching a wide variety of technical Engineering disciplines, including Software Engineers, DevOps, and Quality Engineers.
- Drive a culture of learning and continuous improvement influenced by engineering best practice and a clear belief in contributing to InnerSource activities.
- Act as a change agent for engineering and team culture, promoting a test and learn approach, systems thinking, and user experience led design.
- Share knowledge across Chapters and across broader Value Streams via Engineering Communities and Guilds.
- A visionary leader and an advocate for digital transformation
- Solid understanding Microservice Architecture and RESTful API design
- Successful in building high performing mission driven cultures
- You will inspire delivery whilst encouraging simplicity and developing confidence & trust
- Ideally, you’ll attend and support local technical Meetups whilst understanding the business benefits of leveraging and contributing to Open Source projects
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience across the tech space and an understanding of the upcoming landscape (Cloud, NoCode/Low-Code, Kubernetes)
- Experienced in providing Software Engineering oversight, technical and people leadership across multiple teams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A