Website Marathon Petroleum Corporation
The primary role of the Operational Electrical Engineer is to provide electrical (power) systems expertise in the support of pipeline station design across approximately 560 Marathon Pipe Line (MPL) electrical distribution sites. This includes technical support to internal and external engineering and construction service providers while commissioning newly constructed or refurbished assets, development of electrical specifications, supporting NEC inspections, and consultation on high level electrical power issues.
- Perform engineering design reviews to ensure the correct application of the appropriate electrical standards
- Resolve design conflicts of the electrical standards
- Provide leadership on electrical power related incidents and recommend solutions as it pertains to equipment/system design and maintenance.
- Provide expertise in the development of specifications for electrical system design and related equipment (starters, motors, substation gear) in an environment of consistency and conformance.
- Confirm project documentation on large projects is completed per the applicable standards and records are maintained for future use and regulatory requirements. This includes: reviewing drawings for completeness as a part of MOC close-out, ETAP reviews, and label development confirmation.
- Perform Arc Flash and ETAP reviews on large projects and identify where lower risk project reviews can be completed by others.
- Develop the programing requirements for electrical power system protection devices and provide guidelines to field based Electrical Specialists.
- Troubleshoot and installation guidance on nonstandard pipeline station electrical equipment (transformers, fusing, and substations)
- Provide other electrical engineering support as related to safe, effective, and reliable pipeline maintenance.
- Perform management of change (MOC) evaluations of electrical power aspects on MPL assets
Company: Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Findlay, Ohio, US
Application Deadline: N/A