Website Office Depot
Identifies and assesses the risks of the activity under review, through discussions with all levels of management responsible for the function, as well by reviewing appropriate documentation.
- Develops a Planning Memo to document the scope and objective.
- Tests key controls, identified by the process owners and documented by the Sarbanes Oxley team, for financial reporting.
- Conducts moderately complex special projects, as requested by the organization.
- Conducts opening meeting with VP of the activity under review, and their staff, to discuss the scope and objectives of the audit.
- Designs specific testing procedures to identify and evaluate risk exposures and risk management, determine the effectiveness and efficiency of controls, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develops a work program to document these procedures.
- Conducts audit fieldwork, by identifying, analyzing, evaluating, and recording information about the activity being audited.
- Documents testing in automated workpapers.
- Develops a Control Risk Matrix of the function to documents the results.
- Determines the objectives and scope for each audit.
- Communicates the results of the review.
- Monitors management’s completion of the actions agreed upon in the audit report.
- CPA or CA designation, and/or MBA a plus. Strong skills and ability to produce quality work on time.
- Effective internal controls for each financial and operational cycle.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements, Financial and operational audit techniques and workpaper documentation, Computer assisted auditing techniques, Complex spreadsheets and analytical techniques and Auto Audit or other audit documents management tool.
- Accurately estimate the length and complexity of tasks, and multi task effectively. Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective persuasion skills in resolving audit issues.
- Knowledge of IIA standards on auditing, GAAS, GAAP. Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, finance, or accounting. Minimum of five years experience in related field. Minimum of two years of big4 public accounting, or equivalent experience.
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boca Raton, Florida, US
Application Deadline: N/A