In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
- The Integrative Oncology Department develops software tools and instrumentation for the early detection of cancer. Our research includes aspects of image analysis, image understanding, machine learning and AI applied to CT and PET data, optical microscopy, optical imaging and spectroscopy for the in vivo, ex vivo, and in silica evaluation of tissues from different organ sites including lung, cervix, oral cavity, skin and colon.
- The candidate should have hands-on experience in one or more of LDCT, CT, MRI PET image analysis and solid understanding of at least two of following subjects: low-dose CT (LDCT) screening for lung cancer, image analysis using CNNs, segmentation of medical images, image texture analysis/texture feature extraction and statistical analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and proficient English language skills are required.
Qualification & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in medical physics/biomedical-electrical engineering/image analysis, or a related field.
- Experience with Python, Matlab, required and C/C++, Java language programming is desirable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, CA
Application Deadline: N/A