As a Dentist at Vancouver Island Regional Correctional Centre, you will provide quality dental care to clients who may be in the most need. You will be a member of an interdisciplinary team made up of physicians, nurses, mental health and substance use specialists, pharmacists, and other professionals who are passionate about providing health care to all.
- Coordinate services of outside facilities when the centre’s facilities are inadequate for necessary examination, diagnosis or treatment of a client with a dental disease.
- Make required arrangements, requests or referrals to dental specialists regarding the examination, diagnosis, or treatment of clients.
- Prescribe medications for dental conditions as needed.
- Obtain approval from the Medical Director prior to undertaking any dental care not deemed to be essential, such as bridges, gold fillings, extensive or elective oral surgery, braces, crown, dentures,, orthodontics, prosthetics, repairs, root canal therapy, dental lab fees and outside services.
- Provide after-hours telephone consultation services to health care personnel; and as required, travel to the health care centre to attend to dental emergencies outside of regular business hours.
- Participate in conference calls or in-service sessions.
- Provide advice to PHSA and the Medical Director regarding the provision of dental services to clients.
- Examine, diagnose and treat clients.
- Maintain and review individual clients’ dental records and x-rays and enter information concerning assessments, diagnosis and treatment into PAC.
- Advise and assist PHSA and the Medical Director regarding the drafting and/or amendment of procedures and standards of dental services.
- Consult in case management with PHSA.
- Degree in Dentistry from an accredited academic institution.
- Active license in good standing with the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia.
Qualification & Experience:
- Certification or eligibility for certification with the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, CA
Application Deadline: N/A