- Establish / manage correspondent banking relationships to achieve pre-set financial and non-financial goals for the assigned countries.
- Establish / manage the cross border limits / exposures for the assigned countries / banks.
- Coordinate between assigned countries, Regional Head, Distribution Desk and WRM to facilitate limit utilization
- Develop and execute marketing and business plans for assigned countries.
Key Result Areas
- Plan and budget annual marketing strategy to chalk out the business focus.
- Review periodically existing portfolio to maintain / enhance asset quality and control risks while exploiting opportunities to maximize revenues.
- Identify and segment target market, prepare strategies and establish relationships to broad base the portfolio and pursue growth opportunities.
- Monitor economic / political outlook of the countries in order to recommend and manage cross border exposure and bank limits to ensure proper utilization.
- Position MB as a Leading Bank in the assigned countries and a Quality provider of services through its network.
- Monitor the market, competitor and their offering to ensure the desired market share and competitiveness.
- Represent MB while meeting with Banks representatives coming from area of responsibility during their regular visits to UAE and update them with developments in UAE / Region, discuss overall relationship and find new avenues for cooperation for mutual benefit.
- Plan and implement calling program on banks / country wise to strengthen existing relationships and identify new prospects.
- Develop and recommend appropriate products and services fitting in with target markets to attract / retain customers and be competitive.
- Recommend appropriate pricing for each products / services offered by MB based on the risk associated and competition.
- Monitor the profitability for assigned country / relationship to ensure achievement of targets and desired reciprocity.
- Backup other RMs and ensure continuity of business in their absence and non-availability all the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of International Banking services and products with strong inter-personal skills.
- Strong credit and marketing background.
- Full knowledge of political, economic and regulatory environments and banking industry.
- Having at least 5 years experience of correspondent banking will be beneficial.
- Effective coordination and communication skills to interact with professionals of different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong knowledge in Trade Finance, treasury, and familiar with operational issues