Website Southside Bank
Maintains a thorough knowledge of collection policies and procedures and implements these procedures in collection of all delinquent loans. Initiates necessary action on past due accounts and maintains accurate records through documentation.
- Researches Overdraft, Consumer Loan and Mortgage Loan accounts thoroughly and contacts customers or co-makers for account resolution as needed. Documents all activity and conversation in delinquency work card. Updates customer account information to include address, place of employment, and telephone number.
- Address Collateral Protection Insurance issues that may occur on collateralized loans.
- Maintains knowledge of Fannie Mae and FHA collection rules and regulations and adheres to such.
- Maintains knowledge of Fannie Mae and FHA reporting requirements and adheres to such.
- Transfers shares to delinquent payment where applicable.
- Obtains credit for research and skip tracing purposes. Accepts outside inquiries on skip tracing. Completes skip claims.
- Recommends accounts for legal action and initiates follow up on all arrangements made to ensure receipt of scheduled payments. Refers accounts to supervisor for action by an attorney or collection agency.
- Must possess computer skills including electronic mail, record-keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office programs and possess the ability to quickly learn new computer programs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two (2) years consumer loan collection experience in a banking or financial services environment
Company: Southside Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arlington, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A