Provide accounting and finance-related support to a department/unit, program or an accounting/finance function.
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Review transactions, support documents, journal postings, etc. for accuracy, consistency, authorizations and compliance. Monitor transactions in accounting systems for clearing and outstanding items.
- Compile, maintain, and review data and daily reports for accuracy. Generate standardized financial reports.
- Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues.
- Respond to transactional inquiries from client groups.
- May be responsible for p-card administration, processing, travel cards and expendable reimbursements.
- May establish accounts in financial systems; prepare invoices.
- Participate in new initiatives, as needed such as user testing.
- Maintain accounting/finance departmental files and desktop procedures and process documents for area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with University policies, and federal regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to operate computerized office applications and accounting systems.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years’ work experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A