Tesla is looking for a skilled and motivated individual to join the Policy Team to support its federal engagement efforts on autonomous vehicle and safety policy. The individual will collaborate with others on the Policy and Legal Teams to advance commonsense policies to enable the responsible deployment of autonomous vehicles and support the broader team’s policy goals.
- Engage with Congress and the Executive Branch on autonomous, connected vehicle and safety policies.
- Support the broader priorities of the federal policy team and collaborate with teammates to educate and advance core company equities.
- Analyze statutory and regulatory proposals pertaining to autonomy, connected vehicle and safety to determine potential impacts on Tesla’s deployment of Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and other autonomous vehicle systems.
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders and develop coalitions to drive advocacy for autonomous vehicle and safety priorities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbally, and ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of individuals
- Superb organizational skills with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively across issue areas and teams to distil complex technical topics in energy and transportation.
- Highly energetic personality with an ability to function autonomously in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with relevant policymakers within the federal government
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience with autonomous and electric vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree, with Master’s (MPA, MPP, MBA, JD/LLM or other advanced degree) preferred, in a relevant field such as Political Science, Public Policy, or Economics.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A