Website Valero Energy
Under direct supervision, analyzes and records secondary cost transactions and processes approved cost items for timely payment. Coordinates with scheduling, marketing and external vendors to ensure proper recording/classification of transactions and resolves issues related to open item agings of general ledger accounts.
- Records journal entries, performs reconciliations, and makes adjustments and/or corrections as necessary.
- Assists with special projects for management or other operational areas as needed.
- Processes basic secondary cost items for timely payment.
- Assists with variance analysis for assigned account groups to identify issues and make adjustments as needed.
- Performs month-end close duties to ensure accurate financial reporting (e.g., secondary cost accruals, profit center reclasses, etc.).
- Coordinates and works with scheduling, marketing and external vendors to ensure proper recording/classification of transactions and to resolve issues related to open item agings of assigned general ledger accounts.
- 1 year of Accounting experience preferred.
- Refinery or related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Accounting preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A