At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Patient Access Specialist (PAS) ensures a pleasant experience for patients and visitors. Interviews patients and/or their representatives to obtain complete and accurate demographic, financial and insurance information, required for billing and collecting patient accounts. Conducts intensive screening of all Medicare, Medicaid and managed care patients for pre-certification requirements and provider service eligibility, prior to registration. Obtains all necessary customer consents/attestations. Coordinates the collection of all estimated patient liabilities, including co-payments and unmet deductibles. Verifies insurance benefits and coverage for inpatients and outpatients. Responds to customer requests and answers questions regarding various service and account information. Analyzes and rectifies customer concerns using established procedures. Uses computer to access and/or update customer records. Verifies and posts transactions. Follows established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc. Sorts and files various documents. Assists with general hospital information and directions to departments within and outside of the organization. Establishes financial arrangements to reduce financial risk, helping to ensure that WellStar is reimbursed for its services.
- Mandatory completion of the ADT Registration Epic course within 60 days of employment.
- Cash handling and balancing. Demonstrated professionalism, effective communication skills and active listening skills
- Typing or data entry competency of at least 40 words/minute.
- Mandatory completion Registration Thrive course within 90 days of employment.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 2 years of related experience, in a healthcare or institutional work setting. Previous employment record that reflects work stability, as indicated by an average work tenure for previous jobs of at least one year.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandy Springs, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A