Provides care and support for individuals with concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders, homelessness and physical health needs.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the interdisciplinary team, the client, family and community. Performs job duties through a Trauma Informed Care Framework and Indigenous Cultural lens.
- Provides direct health care services to clients presenting with a wide variety and complexity of acute and chronic illnesses/diseases including communicable diseases, addictions, mental health and general health issues.
- Performs physical, addiction and psychiatric assessments, refers clients to the physician for further examination, administers prescribed treatments and medications.
- Observes, monitors, evaluates and documents client progress, symptoms, and behavioral changes and performs a variety of health care interventions.
- Provides counselling, education and support to clients/groups using a trauma informed, motivational and health promotion approach.
- Working knowledge of community health nursing theory including mental health and addictions, communicable diseases and practice within a client/family -centered approach.
- Working knowledge of facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques.
Qualification & Experience:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse or Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Knowledge of the BC Mental Health Act, other facilities and community resources.
- Two 2 years’ recent experience providing acute or community health nursing care/services to clients who have concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, CA
Application Deadline: N/A